Friday, March 20, 2009

TGIF!!!!

Every other Friday Grandma has off from work so we usually make our way over there to see what she is up to. This Friday however we had plans for the fair! The kids and I have already been, but grandma didn't go yet. So once again we were back at the fair! We did the typical fair stuff once again! This time though the kids didn't do the rides. Christopher had to point out every ride we walked by that he didn't go on last time and tell me he needed to go on that one, but I had to explain to him we weren't doing rides this time. He didn't like that idea to much, but then got over it when I told him he could play more games. They played some games, ate some cotton candy, and walked around and looked. The kids also got to see the Pig races that we don't miss out on EVER! My darling little Christopher screamed as the pigs were racing "TAKE A PICTURE" so I let him take the camera out of my purse and this is what we got....We looked some more, bought some things, some more junk, and then off to Grandmas. The kids did puzzles, played candy land, played with play dough, and then we got pizza for dinner! That was basically the day! Now, just to add a little funny story. The kids both won fish last time we were at the fair....unfortunately they died (too bad..wink wink). Well like I said in a previous blog Christopher likes to tell me the toilet is talking to me....well today he told me the fish that we flushed were talking to me and he walked around the bathroom talking in a "fish" language...pretty funny, one for the book!
I was reading back on my blogs b/c I noticed I am favoring Christopher's stories these days....not that Lexi doesn't have any good ones, it is just that for the last few weeks Lexi and I have been bumping heads. My days are not filled with laughter from her, instead I seem to be putting soap in her mouth or putting her in her room just about every day. I thought that I had put a stop to her bad behavior, but today she managed to mess it all up. These days Lexi has turned into a little sassy mouth. I catch her saying things to me like who cares, or yes I can, or no I wont. Her other big favorite thing to do is LIE!!! This irks me. If you do something wrong just tell me, we will fix it, maybe go to time out and that's it. But Lexi lies, and then I put soap in her mouth for doing it. It happened a little over a week ago and then again today. I know they say girls are easier as babies than boys, but then get hardier as they get older, but I didn't think they meant that at the age of 4 1/2 I would be so concerned for her drama filled days. She doesn't take her punishments well and has a drama fit! When you punish Christopher he does his time out (by no means perfectly) with no crazy drama crying. Lexi just has a look of like oh my goodness how could you possibly put me, precious Lexi, in time out! She has started to ignore both her father and myself if we have punished her. Well we had another serious conversation (had one last week and it seemed to calm things down until today that is) and I hope this time it works! Well like I said TGIF, the weekend is here, and now time to spend with Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Haha...cute, little, innocent Lexi could never act like that! Ba-man makes me laugh. I miss them so much!

    ReplyDelete