Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Million Dollar Man

We made our way on over to the other end of town yesterday. I had to be at my mom's house to help her out with car troubles. We made dadda lunch and brought it to him and then waited for it to be 3:30 so we could meet the mechanic at my mom's house. Looks like everything was fine, just a really bad oil change. Then back to daddas work to finish up one last car. Henry and his dad detail a variety of cars. They do your typical toyota, nissan, lexus, etc. But then there is also your higher end vehicles, such as vipers, mercedes, porsches, etc. There is one man in particular that comes just about every day to have his vehicles detailed. Henry's dad typically does his cars. He gives him nice tips on top of the pay to clean it! Yesterday he stopped in to pick up his viper. He saw the kids and asked Henry's dad if they were his grand kids....of course he said yes, and then what happened next...if only, if only I could some day do this, be this way...He gave each of my children a 20 dollar bill! I couldn't believe it. They said thank you and gave the man a hug (dad made them do the hug part). I couldn't believe it. To have that much money to give a 3 and 4 year old 20 bucks for nothing! There is another man that gets his cars detailed there (not as high end as the other man) and he made a comment after the other gentleman left. He said, "Man I thought I did good by giving your kids a quarter yesterday." Ha, we all laughed, how funny! We told him it was okay, he wasn't a millionaire and we would let it pass this time ;) If only, if only I had this kind of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment