Friday, April 3, 2009

The patient

It was 5 am....I was suddenly awakened...I thought to say out loud Lexi, go back to your bed, but it was Christopher. You see, my children are not aloud in our bed. On occasion we will let them stay in our bed in the middle of the night, but most nights we do not. It is not a habit we want them to pick up. Lexi is the one I am ALWAYS sending back to her room in the middle of the night. If Christopher is coming to my room there has to be a reason. I saw it was him and let him stay. I noticed he was tossing and turning and not going to sleep, so I decided to wake up (be fully alert). He was breathing funny. It didn't seem like he could catch his breath, then he started coughing (barking like a seal really). I then took him out of the bed put him in the bathroom with steaming water running, put vicks on him and gave him some medicine. This is not the first time this has happened to Christopher. It actually happened quite frequently when he was much younger, hadn't happened for a while. He then told me he wanted to watch cartoons. So I let him. This started the day of me catering to his every need. He was now the "patient". I got up and got him his every demand. I felt bad because I know he felt horrible. Come 11 o'clock though he was unbearable and I made him take a nap. He was just getting too whining and wouldn't let me leave his side. So he slept!! YAY!!! When he woke up he was as good as new. It was like he was never sick. He coughed a few more times during the day and his nose ran a little bit. He was still whiny and I felt bad still so I did as he wanted and let the bad things he did slide today making him one day full of excuses. We hung out with grandma for a little bit. Saw dadda at work. Met up with a friend for a quick exchange. Came home made dinner, and a cake! Christopher was still pushing his luck, he didn't even eat his dinner and I told him if he ate a banana he could have cake.
Now does this look like a boy who was sick today? Eating cake with milk all over his face. He blew bubbles so hard that is splattered in his face. I didn't even get mad at the horrible mess I had to clean up, all because he was sick today.

2 comments: