Friday, May 8, 2009

Sewing!

I haven't blogged in the last few days because I have been so busy trying to learn some new crafty ways! It started with some bows, and then led to some shoes and then finally to a new pattern to sew. I have completely finished Lexi's 4th of july outfit ( I know it is only May)...I cant help myself! I made her some really cool corker shoes, and I got some cool fabric for a dress...the only thing that might change is her bows...I am thinking by July I might have figured out a new bow or something! So as for today...Last night I went to Jo-anns and bought some awesome fabric!!!! I made Lexi a reversible dress! I am so stocked I have figured it out. Oh and Btw....I got an early Mother's day gift. Henry came home with a bag and a card and said Happy Mothers day part one....I got a bag full of all kinds of scissors.....who knew scissors would make a girl happy! It was quite thoughtful b/c just the other night I was complaining about how I needed better scissors for my crafts! But I am not the type of person to just drop $15 or more on some dumb ol scissors (I'd just borrow Shannon's) So he got the "good" ones! That's why I love him, always thinking about me!!! Anyways so here are the pictures of todays dress....don't worry there will definitely be more of where these came from....also I think we may attempt another pattern (maybe) so be on the look out for some more!!!! Oh and BTW will some of you start having baby girls or something so I can make some baby shower gifts (dresses) everyone has boys :( Don't worry I haven't forgot about Christopher in all this girly stuff....I made him a car pillow :) and I bought him the same flip flops as Lexi...minus the corkers I added to it!
Oh and in doing this pattern I have learned how to do button holes with my sewing machine, and a hand stitch thingy! Also I may note that in doing this dress not once did I have to stop and fix my machine because I did something to it....I am well on my way of being an excellent sewer!

1 comment:

  1. love the dress. if you want you know you can sew anything for Katie. I will even get the fabric for you.

    ReplyDelete