Sunday, July 19, 2009

Empanadas!!

Sundays are always a fun day around here because Henry usually doesn't have to work! The day started off quite nicely I should say. I got to sleep in and my husband got the kids breakfast all made today! How exciting for me!!! We then sat around doing nothing, and I got an idea!! I wanted to make empanadas. So I went off to the store to buy a tortilla maker and the flour and such to get myself started! I did not know what I was getting myself into. First I made the dough, and then had to roll them into balls, press them, and then stuff and fold! Not too bad...but frying them was taking a lot longer than expected. Good ole Henry came to the rescue and fried all my tostadas and empanadas. I was seriously in there for like 3 hours, and literally everything in our home smells fried! The kids at one point had to go outside because their eyes were burning from all the cooking!! BUT it was fun working in the kitchen with the hub and the food was EXCELLENT!!!! Now I can totally see why Spanish ladies are in the kitchen all day cooking...this stuff takes a lot of preparing! We fed everyone and their mom because we had made so much! We called everyone over to his parents to stop by to eat! It was definitely a fun day! Now the day is done, and I am so ready for bed! We got gymnastics tomorrow, and I think I need to do laundry so Lexi has something to wear there. I haven't boughten her a leotard yet because I want to make sure it is something she is going to keep doing before I spend the money (that we don't have) :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment